Security & Privacy
Sound Asleep regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information important to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. Sound Asleep treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end Sound Asleep fully endorses and adheres to the principles of data protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Shall be obtained and processed for limited and lawful purposes.
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- Shall not be kept longer than is necessary.
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of The Data Protection Act.
- Shall be kept secure.
- Shall not be transferred abroad without adequate protection.
When you shop on the website we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections and credit card payment details.
A reputable third party banking institution is used to handle our credit card transactions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card. All such organisations are strictly obliged to keep your information private.
When purchasing from Sound Asleep you will be given the option to receive information we feel may be of interest to you such as new product or promotional offers. If you do not wish to receive information from Sound Asleep please ensure you tick the appropriate box as you progress through the purchasing process. Sound Asleep will not sell your personal details to third parties.
Cookies and How We Use Them
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser for the purposes of:
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Sound Asleep content, products and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activities.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including advertisements, relevant to your interests on Sound Asleep and third-party sites.
The cookies make your use of the site easier, allow you to retrieve an earlier shopping cart, make the site run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure site. You will be unable to shop on our site without your browser set to accept cookies.
Cookies and Browser Settings
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
We work with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes - in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in.
Should you wish to control your online behavioural advertising preferences and opt out of being shown relevant adverts please visit youronlineadchoices. This is an external website and as such we are not responsible for its content.
Win an iPod Touch